Saturday, January 15, 2011

In Retrospect - Being with my family

Sunday, I hung out with my cousins and aunt. My cousin took me to get my China ID. Sadly, I couldn't fill out the form since I couldn't write Chinese that well. But, my picture for the ID turned out pretty well, probably because I put on make-up and straightened my hair before. (On a side note, my hair straightener broke =[ I think it overheated so the ceramic plate cracked.) For some reason, my pictures on my American IDs all look really ugly but my pictures on my Chinese IDs look decent. After we finished, we went shopping in the Shatin mall since I was running out of clothes to wear. I guess once week of clothes was not enough, especially in this cold weather. I ended up spending a lot of money since I had so many daily necessities that I had to buy. My cousin also bought me some snacks, one of which was chocolate cover potato chips. Although it sounds a bit weird, it tasted really good! At night, we went over to my aunt's place to hot pot. It was nice having dinner with family, especially since I really missed eating with my family at home. I got to meet my cousin's baby son, who is really adorable! Too bad he didn't really want to play with me since he never met me before. But I still had fun just looking at how cute he is. Sorry, not many pictures since I didn't want to be like a foreigner in front of my relatives and I was tired. Before I left, my aunt and cousins gave me a lot of stuff to bring to the dorm so my desk became even more messy. But the comforter came in handy since it was really cold that night.

My super messy desk after a full day of shopping

EOS lip balm. I couldn't find it in America but found it in HK. It smells really good!

Royce's choclate cover potato chips. So good! Too bad it's really expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment