Saturday, January 15, 2011

In Retrospect - Touring Hong Kong

Saturday, CUHK organized a one day tour of HK. The tour guide was super funny, although his jokes were lame, they were funny at the same time. First stop was Victoria Peak, which I have visited when I was young but I don't remember. The ride up to the mountain was a bit scary – since the roads are so narrow, the bus almost got into accidents a few times. However, the view up to the peak was gorgeous and the view at the peak was even better. I don't think I have ever seen a view like it before, with all the high rises and harbor. Next stop was Stanley Market. There weren't anything special about the place – the market is like the market in Mong Kok. The only cool thing about it was that they sold the Chinese name stamp that a lot of people have. I wanted to get one but I didn't carry enough cash on me =[ The last stop was the Star Avenue, which is Chinese version of the Star Avenue in Hollywood. I was here for New Year's countdown last time I was in HK, so there weren't anything new for me. However, my friends and I decided to stay for the light show by the harbor. Since we had nothing to do, we decided to stay warm by going to a nearby bar. I ordered a Kamikaze and it was pretty good. I'm so glad that I can order my own drinks and not get carded =] By 8, the light show by the harbor started and it was ok; it was not as good as I thought it would be. Afterward, we got really hungry so we walked around Tsim Tsa Tsui looking for a restaurant. Since none of us knew where the restaurants were located, we walked around for quite a long time. However, we eventually found a good Chinese restaurant to eat. Like usual, the food was delicious! When we came back to campus, it was already past 11:30pm so there were no more shuttle buses, which meant we had to walk all the way back to the dorm. The MTR station is at the bottom of the mountain but I live all the way at the top corner, which meant I had to hike back to my room. It took us 45 minutes to walk back since we had to walk other people back first. Although it was fun walking with friends, I got really tired since I don't ever work out.



View of HK from The Peak

Yup, we are Bond's girls

Stanley Market

Sunset near Stanley Market

Night view of HK from Victoria Harbor

Jackie Chan's handprint.

Statue Bruce Lee

Our drink. My blue Kamikaze right in the middle =]

The cool group who got drinks.

Night view of CUHK


No comments:

Post a Comment